Quotable Quotes

5/30/11



"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable." -Aaron Copland

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We Came As Romans- Mis//Understanding



Hey all, thanks again for reading today! Same as last time, I just want to give you a quick warning before you click the 'play' button on my video. If you're not a fan of hardcore music, hit the mute button on this one, because it's a bit more intense than a lot of my other music. The lyrics are included on the video, so you can just read along with it if you choose to do that.

Anyway, I was watching this video today because the band (We Came As Romans) just released this song in preparation for their new album in September, and I'm a pretty big fan of their music (their lyrics are amazing, in particular). But this song specifically stuck out to me today, and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this. Have you ever felt like no matter what you do, it always ends up just making things worse than they were? Regardless of how you treat people, they treat you like the fool they take you for. Sometimes it just feels like we don't really understand this world, or that we don't even belong.

And that's really the truth about it: we don't belong here. As Christians, we're just sojourning here on Earth for the short years we have in this life. And though we get mistreated and abused, it's up to us to make the most of the time we have here. Luckily, we don't have to do this alone. Like the song says, we have each other to rely on when we're down, and God's always going to be there beside us to bring us through the tough times, even if it might not seem that way at the moment.

For those of you that know what's been going on in my life over the last month and a half or so, this song almost exactly sums up how I've been feeling, so I thought it would be appropriate to talk about today. If you're at the same place I am right now, take comfort in the fact that you're never alone there, and it doesn't have to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment