Quotable Quotes

5/30/11



"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable." -Aaron Copland

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Skillet- Comatose



Comatose...this is very nearly my favorite song, one that I listened to a lot during the (frequent) rough moments of my last few months. For me, it's a reminder to cling to God no matter how hard things get, because He's the only one that can satisfy my true needs. He's the only thing that we should ultimately desire and thirst for, like John Cooper (the lead singer of Skillet) sings about. It doesn't really matter how important things may seem in life, they all 'grow strangely dim' in the light of Christ, the one who gave it all for our sakes. We could all use an overdose in this case.

This year, I want to go back to some basics that I've really overlooked in the past. Make the focus of my life simpler...bring it back to about God, and not my own desires. Bible meditation and prayer time every day. Basing my decisions on what will be pleasing in His sight. How different would our days seem if we took the focus off ourselves for a change? That's my challenge to you. Shock someone tomorrow...many are going back to work or school this week, what kind of impact will you make?

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do. Personally, I'm coming to the place where I'd rather be comatose than live without the power Christ's love. He makes me feel alive when without Him, there would be no reason for existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment