Quotable Quotes

5/30/11



"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable." -Aaron Copland

Monday, January 10, 2011

Switchfoot- Only Hope



I think that this song almost perfectly sums up what I've been writing about the past week and a half now. No matter what we do in life, whether it be great accomplishments or lowly failures, we could not do it apart from Christ. As the lyrics state, we need to pray to God to devote ourselves fully to Him, and to Him alone. He is our only hope in this broken, sinful world.

Now that I'm back at Cedarville (and since I've pretty much wrapped up this area), I'm going to start a bit of a series of blog posts on the topic of 'love'. What the world says love is and what the Bible says about love are two very different things, and I want to help bridge that gap a little bit through some of my song choices. Hopefully this will prove to be helpful to you, regardless of where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment